Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Back from vacation. Much more prepared for what is up. I have learned to anticipate from the vibe on the streets. Another young man from the neighborhood is gunned down. I did not know him. But one young friend shared with me that he was a close friend... Pray as this will be a turning point for him away from the gang life...

Heat brings the worst out of many. Another friend had his car broken into and his stereo system stolen. (This does not happen a lot in our neighborhood). A different friend suffered in a fight with a person who was once counted as a friend. The Helicopters kept me up until 12:30am last night... more gun fire...

I am a pastor who continues to care for the journey of the souls in my neighborhood. I am a missionary convinced that Jesus wants to teach us a better way to live. I am a street poet and prophet that know that it may get worse before it gets better. There is joy in all circumstances when we realize that life is a gift and it is to be accepted from the hand of God every day. What a privelege it is to do the good that is within our power... What a great privelge it is to do the good that is within God's power to do... Pray that I will walk in the humility necessary to follow in Christ's steps...

I am glad for the time of rest and the work that is ahead of us...

No comments: