Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Back to work and the intensification of Life.

Life and Death pushes us when we realize that what we all have now will be released. I have started by simple things. Cleaning out clutter that I have had trouble getting rid of before. Stuff does not seem very important to me right now. There is a line in a Mark Heard song that haunts me, "Nobody gets a second chance to be the friend they meant to be." I am impressed by my Father-in-law who while he left us earlier than we wanted... still was able to go on without regrets.

It is hard to not drift in thought sometimes. Those who know me will smile at this comment because i have always been easily distracted... but now it is more true... but this is not all bad... I am distracted by life. I see the child walking through my building with a smile or a tear in his eyes. I see the pigeons whirl and fly. I hear more, see more, witness more... and this too is a gift... like waking from a dream and realizing how much has always been going on... and so it goes...

No comments: