Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The verb of my late Father-in-law Mark Tiersma.

The Verb of my late Father-in-law Mark Tiersma was Gratitude in all things. I am finding this a good season to practice this in the midst of chaos... and the sense that every day is a gift is gripping my soul in a deeper way than ever before.

Happy ThanksGiving to all with much love.


  • I am glad that my friend who was homeless for a few days is now renting an appartment that he can afford.
  • I am glad to recieve art supplies from a stranger during a yard sale... just because what we are doing is something he wants to contribute to...
  • I am glad for the hawk I got to see up close... there is wild life in the city skies... and it is not only pigeons and crows (which are also cool to me).
  • I am glad for the generosity of friends who buy hats at yard sales ; ) and chose to pay much more than I ask for it... and how I was able to pass on this generosity to others...
  • I am glad for neighbors who feed neighbors when they are hurt and hungry.
  • I am glad for the gift of over 15 turkeys for neighbors... an answer to prayer this Nov.
  • I am glad for generous churches, unions, and foodbanks.
  • I am glad for old interns who visit and find themselves right back in the mix... even if it is for a day -- Thanks Dan!
  • I am glad for two great new team players with us in LA InnerChange: Rikki and Kristin.
  • I am glad for Doctors and all who are wise in the healing arts.
  • I am glad for a loving wife and life partner... We are coming up on 10 years now.
  • I am glad to make the love of God and Neighbor my highest aim.

I thank God for this and much more.

No comments: