Friday, January 14, 2005

What I am reading these days

I have been reading the book Soul Survivor by Phillip Yancy and Strength To Love A collection of Surmons by Martin Luther King. I am reminded in these books of the power of those who inspire us to life.

It is not enough to wade through life... it is important that we move through life with vigor and joy. I am setting asside Mondays for the next few weeks to do some significant reading and writting as well as vision/planning for LA InnerChange. Pray for our work here in LA. More than that... Pray for our very souls... If you don't know where to start then try praying -- Ephesians 3:14-21.

Much of our work has to do with creating paths of hope with and for our neighbors even when there seems to be little hope to be found. I am glad for this assignment by LAIC because I had slipped into a mode of too much outreach and not enough inreach.

If anyone has some comments on what has been feeding their soul lately I would be glad to hear it.

No comments: