Wednesday, January 29, 2014

When I was young. I learned a lot about sales from two groups. Amway & Cutco. Both taught me about the value of a social network and sales. Many of the folks that live in the Westlake / Pico-union area have had their social networks damaged by things that have gennerated miss-trust.

It both encourages me to see what Father Greg Boyle has going and discourages me that our culture values a lot of things over people.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-0126-lopez-homeboy-20140126,0,3300815.column

Father Greg often says "Nothing Stops a Bullet like a Job". This is true and quite dramatic. I would add... Nothing gets a person out of depression like meaningful work with some kind of dignity. That is what we are trying to do here as part of the La IC Book Collective.

If you want to buy Amway and need a source for their products contact Andy A Hernandez.

If you need a book and would like help finding it... and are willing to pay a fair market price for the book. Give us a try... Contact me at: Jtierwat@earthlink.net   We are learning to be book scouts and we have access to millions of titles now. Wow... it is amazing to be able to say this with confidence.

No comments: