Monday, August 04, 2003

I had the privilege of spending several hours with Mr. Barrajas. We took the Gold line together to Pasadena...we had coffee at one of my favorite coffee shops called "Buster's". I showed him where we can buy bread directly from the Oro Wheat outlet in Pasadena. We also signed up for the privilege of using the South Pasadena library (which let's people check out books for 3 weeks at a time).

He taught me some Spanish including a way not to confuse the grammatical order of adjectives and what they describe in Spanish. “The White House” in Spanish is “La Casa Blanca” and reminds me of the movie of the same title : ) !!!

I was able to encourage his faith in God… and he helped me understand a little better the realities that divide people in this neighborhood. And so it goes.

No comments: