Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Today two young friends came by to visit. They were bored. They were interested in being entertained. I was glad to be a friend, but not an entertainment unit. When I told them that I wanted to go exploring Korea town with them; they were uncertain if that is what they wanted to do. When they kept on for over a half an hour canceling out each-others ideas for what we could do; frustrated, I decided to go on my own. I Ran into another young friend named Glen and he was really grateful for a chance to get out of the house. We had a great time together. We got to watch some semi-pro skate boarders. We checked out a place set up for Karaoke… played a few video games at an arcade and split a box of Mcnuggets (my one fast food weakness). I get to be a “Big Brother” for a number of teens in our neighborhood. Too many absent fathers in this neighborhood.

No comments: