Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Working through it All

Today I am reading and reflecting on the life of Oscar Romero. He is a very significant man of Peace and Faith from El Salvador -- Killed for his witness... I find much of what he has to say compelling and worth reflecting on inour times.

Sunday I had the responsibility of pulling together some quotes for an evening of reflection with LA InnerChange. We were all enriched and challenged by it.

I choose to read some of these quotes on KR.
And played Ruth Naomi Floyd's Album Fan into Flame & Walk and Not Be Faint

I am also Reading The Holy Longing. The author starts from the world of "Sprituality" and works towards his own world view. (He belongs to the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate who feel called to serve the poor as their main charism.) I do not land where he does... but it is so far a good read. Good enough to encourage others to take a look... Insight into the times we are living in.

I am a little sick today. A little feverish. I had a cold just last week. Back to prayer, Robitussin & Niquill.

Yesterday like most Mondays recently... I spent 2 hours toutoring a neighbor. A couple of youth came by interested in learning how to play chess. My experience is that we are all healthier when we are growing and learning something. Chess is a game that hinges on the power and permanence of choice. A great game to help at risk youth who have the patience to learn the realities of choice and consequence -- Oh...and it's only a game.

Jenga is the most inclusive game that I have found out there... great for all ages together.

And so it Goes...

No comments: