Friday, August 06, 2004

Knocking with Faith on Heaven's Door

Jude (my wife) sent this email out today. Her Father Mark has been doing quite well for just having a cancerous kidney removed. Now the cancer is back so he is scheduled for 14 radiation treatments in the next 3 weeks. Mark wants to live out his life to the very end well. He is asking God for the grace of more time and healing. He also is grateful for all the years of life that God has given to him.

Jude writes:

"Hello All — Just a brief note to let you know that the test results have come back for my dad and the news isn’t too good. He has a malignant tumor the size of nickel in his brain. There is fluid/swelling around it that concerns the Doctors -- “leaking” -- whatever that means. He has started 14 days of radiation, and after that (in three weeks) we will know more.
That’s all I know right now.
We knew after his kidney was removed that there were cancer cells they couldn’t get, so this is not a complete surprise. But it is sooner that any of us expected. My mom said that they read in the gospel of John this AM, and that dad’s faith is strong and steady, which helps my mom a lot, and me too. Pray also for my siblings to really see my dad’s faith in this, and that God would touch and soften their hearts through this.
Jude"

No comments: