Thursday, November 10, 2005

Learning to Say Good Bye

Since 2001 over 27+ people who were somehow tied in to my conscious world have died. Some have died from violence, some from cancer, a few from old age... this has rocked my world in some ways. Growing up in a culture that was good at denying the reality of death -- in Princeton NJ. Has left me with a gap in my ability to embrace life and death for what it is...

I find myself with this quezzy feeling that I have begun to recognize as anger... but what am I angry about...

The Bible does not lie about the shortness of life itself...

slowly it has dawned on me the roots of a very dangerous spiritual toxic poison.

I live in a culture that keeps trying to get me to love things and use people rather than Loving People and using things; Death puts the value of things in perspective.

A friend of mine, has had cancer removed from his brain... He has two kids and a loving wife... he has set in front of himself the hard work of contemplating what it means to care for their life span and it's journey... even if he may not be there... he has started to write them letters for their birthdays and for their hoped for life stages... like marriage... etc.

Half the world is 15 years old or younger.

We have created a world that is extremely indulgent and does not care much about the world we are passing on to these kids. Even normal life is more twisted than we like to imagine... visit your local land fill and contemplate your contribution to it... if you think that your life is just a little messed up...

I am going to a grief group tonight because I have never really learned how to be angry in a healthy way. I am angry because we as a culture do not value life as we should... It has taught me all the wrong priorities... What thing would I not sacrifice if it meant that I could have just one more hour of quality time with Dr. James Loder, or Satoe One.

If we valued life we would honor it much more than we do... and we would struggle with what is of real value and significance much more than we do...

"NO One Gets a Second Chance To Be the Friend they Meant to Be" Mark Heard

No comments: