Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Spinning on Kill Radio and musing fragments about the week

Today I played and discussed my favorite Online Prayer Guide. I used Marie Brennan to fill in the Gaps between the different steps. Then I closed out the show by listening to The 5 Blind Boys of Alabama. I just can't get enough of these guys and thier Soulish Gospel Blues.

I continue to celebrate that a friend of mine has gotten off Parole and came to church with me at the invitation of another friend. While I was not impressed with the sermon at Vision Christian Fellowship... something really touched my friends heart. I was impressed with the genuine human friendliness of the people. I was also told by others that the teaching of their Sr. Pastor is exceptional.

Fred, a neighbor and friend invited me Sat. to come over and watch a movie The Underworld. It was a fun time of hanging and talking. The movie lends itself to talk about the power and damage of betrayal. The goth science fiction Matrix action film vibeis fun and it has a story line that it stays true to... along with this it has some important themes that we need to talk about in culture. There is no true "Good" or "Evil" in this film. Just the circumstances of Vampires and Werewolves being at endless war with each other for as long as people could remember. It is where (world view wise) and how some of my friends FEEL about their lives. To argue with this misses hearing them... and what is needed is empathy for the real pain that they feel... and not plattitudes. Fun flick but not for the faint at heart... predictable at parts if you have watched enough of this vibe of movies.

No comments: