Friday, January 09, 2004

What's been Up

I had the privelege of Representing CRM / InnerChange at Urbana '03. My responsibility was to lead a collective mural project encouraging students to reflect on and express what God was calling the to "Release" to God, or what God was calling them to "Embrace". The effect was kinda like visual Jazz... as students began to dare to bare their soul through art... this created an atmosphere of hospitality at our both... and it became a place not just to come to but to visit and bring friends to...

Yesterday I gave my first ever power point presentation describing my role on the recruiting team. We really felt called of God to be pastors available to serve and pray with students rather than "recruiters". God blessed us anyway with over 200 solid contacts to follow up on. Pray for us... there is almost no context where we are invloved that the need for more partners in ministry is not felt.

Today I am signing up for a class at Fuller Seminary on the Spiritual Disciplines. It requires going on a full day silent retreat... a good challenge for the extrovert that I am.

No comments: