Thursday, February 05, 2004

Memory Fragments from the last week

I went to visit Tribe this past weekend with Christy of Drybonesdance Blog. A neat home Church that meets at Rev. Rverstraten - Mcsparran's house. At first it was a stretch for me... but in time I kind of like having a drummer lead worship...and being able to beat my own drum at the same time... The reflective sharing integrated into the sermon, communion, Lectio Davina reading of scripture, and pot-luck dinner... all this helps build quite an intimate time of fellowship. If you could reproduce the depth of leadership and commitment of the leaders quickly enough... you could have the beginnings of a new house church movement.

Class last night featured Richard Fosters book on Prayer. We also wrote our own psalm.

Today I am going with Roxy to pick up her dad from the hospital in the PM...

Yesterday I referred a friend to Chrysalis... a group that helps people become more employable... Other stressors are making it hard for my friend to stay out of the madness mix... without mentioning any names can you say a prayer.

This Monday we are stating a new initiative of getting some of our college age friends from the neighborhood to mentor younger youth in our neighborhood.

Monday One of our neighboring families dropped in for dinner. I got to share my first attempt at cooking Collard Greens. It was received with mixed reviews. Either you like them greens or you don't.

Finished listening to Genesis and Matthew on CD... I am listening to the whole Bible on CD as a way of getting a sense of the big picture.

A BIG SHOUT OUT TO "WIL" WHO JUST BECAME A CITIZEN OF THE USA

I got to witness the ceremony with over 3,000 people taking that big step at one time together... He already is teacher here in LA... but the wheels of inclusion turn slowly... I am glad and grateful that they do turn.

No comments: