Wednesday, July 07, 2004

It was everybody's birthday party.

This past Thursday we celebrated Mel's Birthday. She kept on finding out that it was (Within a wee or two) also... Inge Lisa's birthday, Paul's Birthday, Roxy's Birthday, Irma & her son's birthday, Willie's Birthday... so Mel who likes to share and doesn't need to feel as if she is the center of attention decided we should turn this into an inclusive event.

It was the biggest barbeque I have ever prepared for and done on my own. We had hot dogs, hamburgers (my mom's special recipe), BBQ Chicken, Ribbs, and Carne Assada.

Remeber It was first Mel's B-day... so I was not doing the inviting to this event...

It was like Babbette's Feast.

The relationship between food and fellowship, community and neighborhood resonated with more life than I have experienced on my block in a long time.

I want to write more about this and add some reflections about a fellowship that was going in australia called "Matthew's Party".

got to go for now...

No comments: