Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Prayer Walking and What's been Up...

J-rod & I went for a walk in our neighborhood and ran into the following realities... Keep these in your prayers.


There are a number of apartments advertising places for rent. We would like to see Willie get into a Monthly rental situation. He currently paying a lot to rent at a weekly hotel... the best we could find when he returned to LA. Pray for this...

Had fun helping one of Kathy’s neighbors pick some lemons from the lemon tree near the entrance of her apartments. Saw Laura’s brother...

Saw Freddy on the way to school... He hopes to see me latter this evening... He told me that Jorge Meza Sr. had a heart attack while driving Jorge jr. to school... I found out from aunt Gladys that he is currently at White Memorial Hospital on Caesar Chavez.
He is at home and recovering now... but it was a scare.

Saw a neighbor at the Donut shop and she introduced me to her boyfriend. (He likes hiphop so I will be giving her a CD from my radio show to her for him... This is how I have stayed connected to some of my neighbors.)

We had a great time meeting Jessika's parents!!! Happy Birthday again to your Dad...

We finished the Mural at 66th Street ElementryI hope to email a picture out soon to my

Kathy Henry's family came out to visit on Monday. It was a joy to get to know her extended family a little bit.

*I hope to have a yard sale on July 31rst and have begun to collect donations for it. Help with temporary storage until the sale and help with the sale would be welcome. I hope that after the Sale some of the items will help Willie, Jesika, Miriam, Jrod, and I in our learning curve about using Ebay as an additional tool to help raise some funds.

*Mrs. Barajas is hoping that with Alberto’s guidance that we might have a cookout in the late Jose Baraja’s honor (RIP). This too may happen July 31, or in August. There is also the question about putting this together with LA St. Prod.’s annual cookout.

One of our team members, Melanie, needs a stove for her appartment.

*On Monday’s during an early lunch 11:00am-12:00pm at the LAIC office... John TW is leading a story sharing time centered on II Peter 1:3-11 and Mother’s Theresa’s quote, “It is not so important that we do great things, but rather that we do small things with great Love”.

***Burn a candle for 10+ minutes a day... As an invitation to pray, reflect, and be more aware of life and of God.

No comments: