Sunday, February 09, 2003

Thursday Morning InnerChange has a community breakfast and Bible study together. Currently we are working our way through the book of Acts. It is interesting the contoversy that the early church stirred. Wherever Paul goes there seems to be a riot about to follow him. Truth is for peace...but not for a false peace.

Barry taught about the increasing influence of hip hop in our world. Access to the process of making music from the grass roots up from the streets kind of music. I still have boy to thank about not giving up completely on the style. I would never of had the pleasure of listening to KRS One, Mystic, Blackalicious, or Nas. I found Tobby Mac, and Red Cloud on my own. I still want to keep Love in the center of the Mix. I respect when a song is solid in it's Artistry and meaning... sometimes an artist can be sick...yet write a good song... in any case we need to take a second listen to what people are singing and saying... what is going on with people's souls???

No comments: