Monday, March 03, 2003

Just finished trying to digest what I could understand of a 2 RollingStone Mag. and an Urb Mag. I have to be honest and say that I am way out of touch with many slices of "Popular" culture. I needed to tune out for a season to focuss on just grasping the basics of this Latin neighborhood I live in. I am 8 years young in this neighborhood... Loving life here with a lot to learn... Now I am finding help from my friends and neighbors to tune back in. What is clear is that there is a complex jungle of interests and preferences... pluss new emerging cut and paste realities... the sound scape echos from the thumping base of HipHop to pasionate Mariachi Music... Friends have lent me Music ranging from Gregorian Chant, The System of the Down, Out of the Grey, Jeff Beck, and NAS. Still learning how to listen and digest..or just wisely listen. The next generation of youth in my Neighborhood communicate the many significant thins by some form of high context referencing of music, TV, and Movies that have been shared in common.

No comments: