Saturday, September 20, 2003

There is something revolutionary yet very missunderstood at first in really seeking to love one's neighbor. Merton described the monk's life as making a profession of Devotion to God... thus being able to help others along the way in their devotion to God. We in InnerChange make a profession of loving our neighbors with a similar intensity... at first this puzzles our neighbors... in time new levels of trust open up...

I was on a pannel that sought to honestly cast vision of what it is like to work through being misunderstood to being named by the neighborhood.

I call myself jaw1 the poet...
The neighborhood at first called me... a nigger, then Juan de Zachateches, Juan the pen vender, "The Good Samaritan", AND now some call me friend, and/or Pastor Juan.

No comments: