Saturday, September 20, 2003

Yesterday, I went to visit my great aunt Lee for a few hours at her new community assisted rental living home situation. It was the nicest place of that sort I have ever been too. Yet she was born in 1925. There is a time that she remembers that implies that such fragmentation of the generations would not have even been thinkable in her day. She mourns this deep lack of connectedness and deeply appreciated the 3 hours of heart to heart conversation that we had together. It brings to mind the link I have to the book "Space for God"... check ti out...

The scriptures are full of an intergenerational awareness. I am concerned that the truth of our connectedness is being lost at a cost yet to be calculated. And so it goes... I am more greatful than ever to be part of an intentional community.

No comments: