Thursday, November 13, 2003

Sharing the journey...

There is an emerging housing crisis for the poor in LA. i have witnessed the seperation of families, the eviction of other families, and the overwhelmed state of those trying to serve those who might become homeless.

I know people who are now homeless.

I have a friends about to come out of jail in a few months who will need work and a place to live.

I have another friend who needs help moving her stuff into storage.

We will be getting new neighbors... The new Rampart Police Station is going to be built accross the street from where Jude and I live.

I wish I was more gifted at working with and through systems. My gifts are more creative and interpersonal.

I do not pretend to have the answers.

I will share the journey... and what we need is a lot more affordable housing and those with the vision and the skills to make this kind of thing happen.

This is a cry and a prayer in the LA Urban Jungle...
Mercy, Lord have Mercy on us..
peace out,
John TW

No comments: