Saturday, January 25, 2003

What a day!!!
9:30am to 3:00pm ...I had fun leading Jude's class on a small tour of downtown LA. Gifts of insight as we discussed the context of cities and LA in particular...we re-shape the worlds we live in...the contexts out of which we seek to make meaning of our lives. Greater empathy for the poor and other cultures was really nurtured by this trip.

Sad note...I have lost touch of my friend John Smith... I hope his heart has not given out on him. The only mutual friend that we had has not seen him for months... maybe herion finally took him to his grave... in any case he was a soul that wanted to learn to love life rather than death.

3-4pm hung out at Tony B's house as he worked on his Playstation skillz. Resident Evil has turned the Horror Movie into an action / suspense game that you can play. I hope he liked the note I brought him. Briefly got to talk with his mom and dad.

4-6 PM Hung out with Glen... mostly shared music with him... He really liked Rez Band and Deliverance. Not groups he'll ever find on the radio or else where... so I burned him a mix of some of his favorites. I hope his mom can survive the flavors as well as my mom did.

took a nap ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

8-9pm had an impromptu Bible study with a friend The undisputed Mr. Joe...we looked at Revelations Chapter 1.

Listened to the "Superchic[k]" album I bought wednesday and found it suitable to share with the jr. high / highschool gals that Jude is mentoring. something better for the ear gate than Britney in my opinion. I am enjoying a class at fuller on Popular music at Fuller Seminary on Thursday...taught by Barry Taylor... I am doing the DJ thing and hope to come up with better skillz at feeding soulz while spinning disks.

Caught the end of a Mission impossible Movie... then some news... then blogging...and now back to sleep.

What a priveledge to share dialogues about life with others and to grow in this journey.

Being
Being Born
Living & Becoming
24 hours a day
7 days a week
365 days a year.

Each of us live
First with who we are
On the inside…

This is why
The Love of God
Calls us to Grow
From the inside out…

Life starts in the heart
And grows
On the inside.

By JAW 2002




No comments: