Tuesday, January 28, 2003

Yo' This is Kim chekcin out this Jaw's thing
Here's are 2 poetry I wrote

Untitled (Based on Proverbs 30:8)

Don't give me 2 much $
or I'll call u a fool, boy
Don't give 2 little $
or I'll do things that make u look like a fool, boy

Do give me my daily dream:
food, bed, health, friends
Don't give me the American Dream:
crib, wheels, grass

Don't give a Railroad track, an eagle or a star
lest I 4-get folks who need u
nor lest I 4-get my gifts to serve, help, and give

Do give me a place where there is a star
where "I yam what I yam"
where "folks r yam what they r yam"


Why not be . . . #2? (Based on "Tuesday with Morris")
We're #2! We're #2! We're #2!
Loser! Loser! Loser!
We're #2! We're #2! We're #2!
Loser! Loser! Loser!

What is wrong w/ being #2?
No Pills, No -OH, No storkes!
No Headaches, No stress, No shit!

What is wrong w/ being #2?
Hell, Is that mother after me?
my creation? my wife? my car?
my job? all my shit?


A big shout out to Kim and his help with spinning some "Daniel Amos" on Kill radio as I seek to promote Daniel Speekman's book "Nothing but A Thief"... her reflections on the children on the streets of Lima Peru.

No comments: