Monday, October 27, 2003

Christy of Dry Bones posted on her blog:

I got to see three friends from Chicago yesterday who were in town, as well as two LA people. I went to the City of Angels Film Festival, and saw Pulp Fiction for the first time. (Nope, hadn't seen it before - or any of Tarantino's other films.) I had hours of conversation yesterday about many topics. Now my brain is full and I can't decide which of the following topics to think about and write about first:
Pulp Fiction
The detrimental effect of feminism on black men
The feminine nature of the Holy Spirit
Why TV is just one big advertisement
New clients for Wedgies for Jesus
The interconnectedness of joy and grief

I must go muse on these things for a while. So, Ann & Brian - great to see you. And to the other Brian, Rikkell, and John - thanks for being the kind of people who make me think. And John - Not many people say things I haven't heard before. Even fewer will start freestyling at 2 am in the middle of Denny's. I need to know more people who do that sort of thing.


My Response to her Blog

It is a joy to hang with a sisters and brothers who can dialogue with such a wide range of realities quite easily. It is interesting what we remember... I could add:

The organic nature of Character/ fruit of the Spirit and the bankrupt nature of any institution the teaches love only as a command verses nurturing Love and other Positive Character traits as a fruit,

Following "Jesus" means following a person which implies communication... which many saints of the past declared that God is always speaking...and we are not use to really listening... also all those other people who get to have a relationship with GOD... but now I am supposed to settle for only ink on a page??? "And lo I will be with you always even to the end of the age...",

the theme of blood that ran through the evening -- no bloodless cross for me -- the danger of over sanitizing the Christian faith,

Sex /images/ Fear & repression, sexual scripts, intimate ties that transcend shallow scripts, and collage as a tool to regain power over images and what they mean -- the need for a more wholistic approach to human sexuality, physicality, and holiness.

West Hollywood Denny's as a fassion runway in the late night PM... with extreme fashions out for the show,

Institutions becoming disyfuncktioNaL over time when they simply try to repeat old successes over and over again ie. no need for God's guidance or the Holy Spirit... just do it like we always have,

Freestlying and learning to speak directly from the heart,

beoming the one unique creation God meant for us to be rather than a social xerox copy,

and more... I say we had a rich evening of conversation and it was a gift to share it with all.

No comments: