Thursday, October 23, 2003

This post was inspired by an Oct. 22nd post of "Dry Bones"

I have a friend who told me that God has only spoken to him directly 2 or 3 times. The last 2 times were several years ago when he was told to "Go visit prisoners in jail" "Pray more". It took him several years to do the prison thing... but when he did it changed his life. He says it may take him more time to pray more... but at this point he expects that only good will come of it.

God guides me in the weirdest ways. I am so book oriented that I had to read a book to accept the process of learning a new way to hear God. It is as if God keeps changing languages on me every 2 to 3 months... (this is the same God that gave me the "Gift of Toungues"... which I am reading a book about to better understand it cause I am stuck in the hyper analytical heritage of the town I grew up in... Princeton NJ.)

I will take out for dinner anyone willing to come to our LA neighborhood and willing to read the book, "The Transforming Momment: a study of convictional Knowldge" by Dr. James Loder

The book on Toungues is written by Morton Kelsey ... I forget the title...

My favorite Devotional right now is "Space for God" by Don Postema

My life is soooo different than it would have been if I had not run into the realities of God speaking to me personally.

I probably will never be rich... but I am free to learn to love... my wife, my neighbors, myself, mi Barrio, and my God. And so it goes....

No comments: