Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Our friend Mona treated Jude and I to an amazing theator presentation of poetry called Def Poetry Jam . What I see in this is that there is a very deep search for inspiration. The world is turning to the easthetics of language and to easthetics in general to try to work out what reason seems to leave incomplete. The show was a wow. Maybe a taste of the best of what hiphop has to offer.

Jesus offers something quite radically more and different. More than most of us don't really want it (cause we like our self-centered worlds). I am glad that grace is larger than our ego's. The road to Emmaus in Luke 24 has become a parable for me. What is it like to be ripped out of our self-centered worlds and to be thrust into a world of God's design. Like Zachariah I find myself wanting a family and instead God wants to thrust me into Eternal History that matters from God's perspective. (I may never get to have "my own" children.)

A poet speaks from their soul to ours. I like this I am a poet too. This if done with authenticity is an amazing wow of a gift of communication.

A Prophet, a preacher, a pastor, a "servant of God" is called to speak something of the heart of God to those who will hear it.

Poetry is nice. It wows me.

Revelation is necessary. This keeps me on my knees.

No comments: