Saturday, October 18, 2003

Fragments from today:

Natalie, the beautician who cuts my hair, said, "I know that God loves me because he keeps sending me people like you to me." Melanie, Rikkell, and I had an impromtu prayer time with Natalie along with two other friends of hers.

Someone lets me know that a relative of a friend of mine got stabbed today.

A young person asks me to listen to some Hiphop by Tupac. I try to explain that a thug life is not as good of a life as it is made out to be... KRS ONE and his Album "Spiritual Minded" helps some in making my point. Need more Good hiphop music folks...

I tell a young person that I am preaching tomorrow. He says "Cool"... meaning that is cool for you... even though I wouldn't think of going myself... I tell him maybe next time... and he considers it... maybe next time...

Cooked Omlets for the IC team this morning.

Loaning out games to neighbors decreases the boredom factor in the neighborhod... and we know that kids do stupid stuff when they are bored.

No comments: